GREATER CHICAGO FOOD DEPOSITORY
Job Title: Director of Talent Management and Training
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Chief People Officer
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Develop and drive the Greater Chicago Food Depository’s (GCFD) critical talent management and development and training functions. This role is designed to leverage the incumbent’s business partnering skills to build systems to attract, develop and retain talent from the entry-level to key leadership positions. The Director of Talent Management and Development will partner with both the management and leadership teams to build and drive the training and development strategies to align with the organization’s objectives and growth projections, to include identifying and maintaining leadership competencies, succession management, career development, training and strengthening the performance management process.
This person will serve as a strategic thought partner, providing solutions to organizational and departmental concerns, navigating workplace dynamics, driving employee engagement, and positively impacting the organization’s culture while ensuring it aligns with our mission.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Lead the successful development, maintenance, tracking and promotion of educational programs, initiatives, materials and tools to support the learning needs of the organization at all levels.
- Support and guide efforts to develop employees through coaching, learning, and experiences.
- Reimagine GCFD’s performance management process to support culture transformation, innovation and accountability in alignment with the strategic vision and organization’s values.
- Drive the coordination and completion of the performance management review process and
associated talent calibration activities.
- Consult with leaders on ways to effectively assess strengths, identify gaps, and help employees create/achieve their career aspirations.
- Work with Committees to foster employee engagement, drive ownership of personal growth, leverage unique career path opportunities, and recognize and reward successes and achievements.
- Identify and create unique opportunities to train and development both individuals and teams of high performers.
- Work with leaders to support hiring efforts, including partnering with leadership team and hiring managers to identify recruitment strategies, as well as ensure diverse candidate slates and top quality candidate selection.
- Develop longer-term forecasting hiring needs, especially for critical roles. Analyze candidate sourcing methods for the hiring process, to include strategic interviewing techniques using competency modeling for selection.
- Develop retention strategies for the organization to ensure the attraction of high performance and diverse talent.
- Support workforce planning efforts by coaching leaders to optimally align talent in a way that balances the organization’s needs with individual career aspirations.
- Uncover, assess and propose opportunities for HR process improvements.
- Use data and analytics to inform recommended improvement solutions for both development and training.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Human Resources concentration, or related field required.
- Significant experience in a strategic Talent Management/OD role working with employees at all levels of the organization to develop and deliver strategically aligned talent solutions.
- Master's degree preferred, with a concentration in Human Resources, Organization Development or Business related field preferred.
- Significant knowledge of, and practical experience applying assessment and development tools, including personal inventories, 360 degree feedback, competency models and coaching interventions.
- Hands on experience leading webcasts and building learning management systems (LMS).
- Demonstrated understanding of instructional design methodologies.
- Must have strong project planning and execution skills.
- Previous experience providing direct human resources support including employee relations and HR solutions implementation or the willingness to develop these skills and leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence others and to deal tactfully and confidently.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with a strong bias for action and keen sense of urgency.
- Must have strong team and relationship building skills.
- Must be highly adaptable and experienced in working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills are a must.
- Demonstrated usage of change management and organizational development and design techniques.
- Prior experience in nonprofit a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- General office environment; limited exposure to warehouse environment
- Interacts with GCFD leadership team, staff, volunteers and vendors.
Vice President of Community Impact
Greater Chicago Food Depository
4100 West Ann Lurie Place
Chicago, IL 60632
Providing food for hungry people while striving to end hunger in our community
You can change the lives of our neighbors in need.
Help deliver nourishing food and hope for
our community at http://www.chicagosfoodbank.org
Have an Open Job? Searching for Talent?
Check out our Jobs Portal.
Send Job opportunities to email@example.com